About Caring Medical Regenerative Medicine Clinics
Hope Practiced Here®
Caring Medical – 25+ years experience in non-surgical healing
Thank you for considering Caring Medical Regenerative Medicine Clinics for Prolotherapy.
We specialize in treating chronic pain and sports injuries, utilizing various forms of Prolotherapy. Our comprehensive program includes Hemwell-Hackett Prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma Prolotherapy, Bone Marrow derived stem cell Prolotherapy. and Adipose derived stem cell Prolotherapy.
With two locations: one in Oak Park, Illinois, and one in Fort Myers, Florida, Caring Medical was established in 1991 by Ross Hauser, MD, and Marion Hauser, MS, RD, and has developed into one of the largest non-surgical chronic pain clinics in the United States.
We are comprised of an experienced team of professionals who are very passionate about our work here at Caring Medical.
Where the world comes for Prolotherapy!®
We have been blessed to treat patients from all over the country and the world at our centers in Chicagoland and southwest Florida. While it may be a new concept to some folks to travel for healthcare, because what we do is so unique, patients are not necessarily able to find a suitable Comprehensive Prolotherapy and stem cell therapy center in their backyard. Ross Hauser, MD, Danielle Steilen-Matias PA-C, Timothy Speciale, DO,and the outstanding team at Caring Medical are passionate about getting patients out of pain and back to feeling vital again. We aim to provide you with awesome service from start to finish.
Treatment of Chronic Pain means healing not symptom supression
In many cases, patients come to us after having seen several doctors or allied health care professionals seeking answers for their arthritis, chronic pain, and sports injuries.
- Our philosophy is not to suppress symptoms with medications, but rather, to seek out the root cause of a patient’s complaints and seek a permanent solution.
- We do this by first listening to the patient and asking detailed questions about their medical history, as well as performing a physical exam to correlate the findings to the history as well as any additional testing that may be beneficial to the treatment outcome.
- If additional testing to diagnose your pain is needed, such as Digital Motion X-ray or musculoskeletal ultrasound, we have these available.
Our team of specialists will provide you with a plan that addresses each of your concerns and gets you on the road to a healthy active life. While sometimes pharmaceuticals are required, our long-term goals are to wean patients off their use. This includes narcotic pain medications, anti-inflammatories, steroidal medications, and others.
The Legacy of Prolotherapy
As with any medical procedure, Physicians should use and apply the technique of Prolotherapy only after they have received extensive training and demonstrated the ability to safely administer the treatment. As a patient, we know that you want to come to a place where your doctor exhibits a high level of skill and expertise in the treatment he/she provides.
This is why so many people come to Caring Medical – experience!
Prolotherapy is what we do full time. Both Dr. Hauser and Dr. Speciale trained directly under one of the leading figures in Prolotherapy: Gustav Hemwall, MD, the grandfather of Prolotherapy.
Dr. Hemwall learned Prolotherapy from the inventor of the technique, George Hackett, MD. Following this legacy, Dr. Hauser has continued to instruct practitioners in the Hackett-Hemwall technique of Prolotherapy, including Danielle Steilen-Matias, MMS, PA-C. Our team of Prolotherapy practitioners is passionate about maintaining the integrity of the tried and true Hackett-Hemwall technique, as well as incorporating the newer advances in regenerative medicine, such as Stem Cell Therapy and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). We call this approach Comprehensive Prolotherapy.
Prolotherapy, PRP, Stem Cells
Accelerated recovery option for athletes
Among our team are runners, cyclists, tennis players, triathletes, including:
- Dr. Hauser who is a 5-time ironman finisher.
Because we ourselves are athletes, we have had sports-related back injuries, labrum and meniscus tears, IT band stress, plantar fasciitis, turf toe, strained neck from cycling, wrist pain, ankle instability, elbow pain, shoulder pain, lumbar pain, shin splints, groin pain, and the list goes on! Most of our team has been on the receiving end of the treatment, and know what it’s like to be injured before an event and wanting to get out of pain as fast as possible.
The good news is you’re coming to the right place to get you back to your sport – FAST! One reason Prolotherapy is a preferred method of treatment is because it allows the athlete to continue working out while undergoing treatment, in most cases.
Checklist: When choosing a Prolotherapy doctor – use this checklist
- Physicians should use and apply the technique of Prolotherapy only after they have received extensive training and demonstrated the ability to safely administer the treatment.
- Before doing Prolotherapy, Dr. Hauser worked in the office with Dr. Gustav Hemwall for about six months. In March of 1993, Dr. Hauser and Marion went to Honduras with the Hemwalls and several other doctors and treated about 1500 patients with Prolotherapy.
- Dr. Tim Speciale was also personally trained by Dr. Hemwall, and PA Steilen was personally trained by Dr. Hauser, and all of our specialists have attended numerous conferences for hands-on injection training and one-on-one technique training.
- Do not let a doctor inject you if your doctor learned the treatment only by reading a book or attending a weekend course on Prolotherapy. They should be experts in anatomy and injection techniques.
Treats whole body
- If a physician does not feel comfortable giving injections around the spine, would you consider the physician an expert at Prolotherapy? Often we see cases where pain in an extremity is now effecting, or caused from, pain in the back. Take cases of cervical or lumbar radiculopathy, cases of hip and low back pain, or neck and shoulder pain. Sometimes pain is coming from more than one area. If you are not getting relief, and feel it may also be due to pain in the spine not being addressed, it might be time to see a more specialized Prolotherapy practitioner.
Doctors injects entire joint area not one or two injections to selected areas
- When someone tells us that Prolotherapy did not work for them, we ask them how many shots the doctor administered during the treatment of the area. Inevitably, the response is something like: “The doctor gave me two shots in the back.” Two shots is not Comprehensive Prolotherapy. Prolotherapy starts the growth of tissue where the needle hits the bone, and essentially nowhere else. The lower back typically requires about 50 injections minimum. A knee requires about 20-30 injections, not just one. Yes, these are given all at one session!
- The only diseases that cause inflammation for which Prolotherapy may not be appropriate is the autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosis. If someone with these conditions has a normal or almost normal ESR, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, which shows that the amount of inflammation is under control, then Prolotherapy is appropriate. This is assuming that the pain can be reproduced by palpation over a ligament or tendon on physical examination.
“I was not a Prolotherapy Candidate”
- It is amazing how many people act as experts on who is and who is not a Prolotherapy candidate. We have had patients be told by chiropractors, physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and a host of other so-called “experts” that they were not Prolotherapy candidates. The only person that is qualified to determine the appropriateness of a candidate is a Prolotherapy specialist. We would be happy to review your case and see if you are a good candidate for our office. Please contact our team and we’re happy to take a closer look at your case. We specialize in tough cases and are often able to successfully handle cases that other Regenerative Medicine offices send away.
Call Us! 708-393-8266
This number contacts both our Chicagoland and south Florida offices.
Our Oak Park, Illinois office is open from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM CST
Our Fort Myers, Florida office is open from 8:30AM to 5:00PM EST
If you have specific questions about our Prolotherapy treatment for your case—just ask! If you would like to schedule an appointment, we are thrilled to have you as a patient in our office and look forward to your visit! Thank you for considering Caring Medical, where The Care of the Patient begins with Caring™.