Prolotherapy for Sports Injuries
Chicago Sports Medicine Clinic
Prolotherapy for Sports Injuries
Do sports injuries have you side-lined? Get back in your game by coming to Caring Medical where we offer innovative treatments that are non-surgical alternatives to traditional pain medication prescriptions, NSAIDs, cortisone shots, surgery, and rest. Receive treatment for your sport injuries by ironman triathlete and Prolotherapy doctor Ross Hauser, MD and learn how to optimize sports performance with our unique nutrition program called the Hauser Diet®. Caring Medical & Rehabilitation Services, S.C.is a comprehensive sports medicine and pain clinic located in Oak Park, Illinois, a nearby suburb of Chicago. Established in 1991 by Ross A. Hauser, MD, and Marion A. Hauser, MS, RD, Caring Medical has been fortunate to have been able to help patients from the Chicagoland area, from all over the United States, and the world.
Our sports medicine doctor Ross Hauser, MD specializes in the use of Prolotherapy to regenerate damaged or worn ligaments and strengthen weakened tendons. Prolotherapy stimulates the repair of injured, damaged structures. It involves the injection of natural substances (along with anesthetics so the injections will not cause unbearable pain) at the exact site of an injury to stimulate the immune system to repair the area. The exact term for the natural healing process that occurs after an injury is inflammation. Thus, Prolotherapy causes an inflammatory reaction at the exact site of injuries to such structures as ligaments, tendons, menisci, muscles, growth plates, joint capsules, and cartilage to stimulate these structures to heal - areas often injured through sports-related activities.
Specifically, Prolotherapy causes fibroblastic proliferation (where the term Prolotherapy comes from). Fibroblasts are the cells that actually grow the ligaments and tendons. By proliferating the fibroblasts, new, strong, collagen tissue is formed which is what is needed to repair ligament/tendon sprains and other sports injuries. A detailed explanation of the mechanisms of Prolotherapy in curing sports injuries is found in our comprehensive sports medicine text book called Prolo Your Sports Injuries Away!
So whether you are suffering from knee pain, torn meniscus, ACL tear, neck pain, back pain, shin splints, plantar fasciitis, hamstring strain, IT band injury, turf toe, or any other sports injury, Prolotherapy can help get you back in the game – and get back quickly! The great part of receiving Prolotherapy is that you can continue to train while you receive treatments. We see athletes of all levels – from high school and college athletes to amateurs athletes and the professional athletes.
Why come to Caring Medical for your sports-related injury?
We know athletes! Wouldn't you want to be treated by a doctor who is also an athlete? Dr. Hauser has completed five ironman triathlons, loves to run, swim, cycle, play tennis, snow shoe, hike, and be active in all sorts of sports. It was a sports injury that actually allowed him to accomplish his dream of completing an Ironman race because he had to take up other sports while his stress fracture from running healed. He understands what it means to be side-lined with a sports injury, as he has had many of them himself over the years.
Treating athletes is very rewarding because as a sports medicine doctor, Dr. Hauser can also utilize a comprehensive health approach and help you reach your peak physical performance through diet, supplements, as well as monitoring blood pH and various blood tests to ensure optimum physiology. Of course, as a sports medicine doctor, Dr. Hauser loves providing Prolotherapy because it allows you to get back to training in a day or two and does not involve long recovery periods. Check out this Sports Medicine section of our website for the wide array of conditions that are successfully treated with Prolotherapy.
We love working with all types of athletes and our goal is the same - to help you get healthier, recover quickly, and get back to doing what you love to do!
Why come to Caring Medical in Oak Park, Illinois for your sports medicine care?
- A long term solution is provided for the athlete's sports injury problems.
- Ross Hauser, MD is one of the world most experienced Prolotherapy doctors, specializing in difficult cases and athletes.
- Prolotherapy strengthens the athlete's weakened torn structures.
- Prolotherapy will not interrupt the athlete's training schedule.
- Prolotherapy will be done by an Ironman/Marathon athlete who understands you.
- Prolotherapy is very cost effective.
- Prolotherapy is often curative.
- Prolotherapy can save athletes a lot of money.
- Anti-inflammatory medications and other treatments that increase the risk of developing additional sports injuries in the future are no longer needed.
- We can help athletes determine their ideal physiology for optimum performance.
- We can help athletes peak for certain performances/events using the natural medicine programs we offer.
- We can help athletes heal better by getting them on the appropriate diet for their individual body that maximizes energy production, optimally fueling the body.
- We can help athletes optimize their nutritional programs, helping them avoid the dreaded "bonk," as well as find the appropriate fuel needed for optimal performance.
- We offer a comprehensive testing protocol called Diet Typing to help an athlete optimize the body's capabilities to recover from workouts quicker.
- We can prescribe nutritional supplements to help the athletes heal faster.
What our athletes are saying:
"I was training for a half marathon when I developed plantar fasciitis and sought treatment from Dr Hauser. After two prolotherapy treatments and following his rehabilitation guidelines my foot felt much better and I resumed my training eventually setting a personal best for my half marathon. I still take Prolo Support pack while I train and it has kept me injury free." KB cyclist, runner, triathlete, professional from Forest Park, IL
"I was training for my first triathlon and developed terrible shin splints. I came to Caring Medical and Dr. Hauser treated my shins with a lot of injections (ouch) and assessed my running form (I needed different shoes). I am happy to say I completed my first triathlon with flying colors thanks to Prolotherapy!" PK, mom, triathlete from Western Springs, IL
"My body is so beat up from years of playing tennis. Dr. Hauser has treated my knees, shoulders, wrists, neck, and back. He helped me extend my pro-tennis career many more years!" HG, professional tennis player, Miami, FL
"I blew out my knee running the Chicago Marathon a few years ago. Instead of going for surgery (already had it on one knee), I opted for Prolotherapy. I was back to full training within a month. After three treatments, I was completely healed and went on to complete my 2nd Ironman triathlon." TMK, runner, triathlete, businessman, Oak Park, IL