When should I involve a Prolotherapy specialist in my care?
The simplest answer is when you have unresolved pain. Often the more complicated answer is because you have already tried rest, massage, stretching, exercise, pain and nerve medications, muscle relaxers, cortisone injections, adjustments, stimulators, braces, taping, surgery, Synvisc®, Botox®, pain creams or patches … yet you still have pain that is limiting your enjoyment of life or ability to work. The reason to specifically ask Caring Medical for help is when you want the highest level of care and knowledge on cases like yours from the leaders in the field of Regenerative Medicine.
Key indicators that it’s time to contact a Prolotherapist for help alleviating your pain:
- You cannot hold an adjustment or feel the need to regularly adjust/crack your joints or spine, possibly indicative of Over-Manipulation Syndrome.
- There are chronic muscle spasms and/or tightness in the area. Therefore, you constantly feel the need to stretch or massage the area.
- You have a history of receiving cortisone injections.
- You regularly take pain medications to make it through the day or to participate in sports.
- You have been recommended to, or already had surgery to remove something, such as a laminectomy or meniscectomy.
- You have been recommended for knee arthroscopic surgery, hip arthroscopic surgery, shoulder arthroscopic surgery.
- You have been recommended for knee replacement surgery, hip replacement surgery, shoulder replacement surgery.
- An MRI shows herniated or bulging discs, bone spurs, or other indication of tissue damage to the surrounding soft tissue.
- You regularly experience shooting pain that radiates into legs or arms.
- You have atlanto-axial instability (C1-C2 spine).
- You have been recommended for a spinal fusion or other joint fusion surgery.
- You have been recommended for a nerve ablation.
- You have already undergone a surgical procedure that did not alleviate the pain.
- There is increasing tenderness around the painful joint.
- You have unexplained symptoms that range from slightly annoying to increasingly disabling like vertigo, tinnitus, burning and tingling, numbness, twitches, eye watering, sinus and facial pain.
- No other clinician has helped permanently relieve the pain or explained why your pain keeps returning.
- No other clinician has discussed joint instability or helped you understand how destructive joint motions are worsening your pain over time, as described in the Hinge-Joint Analogy.
- The pain originated post-whiplash, post-concussion, or after another trauma.
- The pain originated from sports training or fighting match, including MMA.
- You are unable to fully return to athletics or work due to the nagging injury.
- Your pain persists despite you and your healthcare provider’s best efforts to keep it at bay!
I was told by an orthopedist to “wait until I needed a joint replacement”
Joint instability leads to destructive joint motions which lead to osteoarthritis. Plain and simple. Most traditional treatments, including cortisone and anti-inflammatory medication, worsen these destructive joint motions. Furthermore, choosing a “wait and see” or “do nothing” approach is equally as bad in the long-term because this involves a long, painful wait that ends with surgery. The choice to do nothing is the choice to allow the destruction to continue.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative process that will continue unless you do something to stop the degenerative process. For many patients who receive their pain care from an orthopedist, they are told: “there is nothing we can do but wait until your joint is bad enough for a replacement surgery.” This makes sense because the orthopedist specializes in joint surgery, not Regenerative Medicine. For anyone who has been told to manage the pain until it is bad enough for surgery, it’s time to take your case to a Prolotherapist! There absolutely is something you can do to improve the health of your joint, instead of losing all that time waiting for your joint to deteriorate to the point of needing a replacement. Prolotherapy, including PRP and stem cell therapy, provides an excellent, and much-needed, alternative to letting chronic pain alter your life. It regenerates the tissue and rejuvenates the joint and spine.
Our clinics are 100% dedicated to correcting joint instability, restoring function, and alleviating pain. Our knowledgeable clinicians have experience helping some of the world’s toughest pain cases. Most of our patients have tried multiple traditional treatments locally or other stem cell therapy clinics, and have not resolved their pain or joint instability. As time passes and additional procedures are unsuccessful and more pain medications are used, more destructive joint motion continues to ravage the joint or spine. We can help you break the vicious cycle and realize a pain-free life once again. Give us a call or fill out the candidate form below!