Our team at Caring Medical, headed by Ross Hauser, MD, has contributed some of the most significant patient results and research in the field of Prolotherapy. Our studies cover head to toe pain conditions, each demonstrating that Hackett-Hemwall Prolotherapy is an extraordinarily safe and effective regenerative method to alleviate pain for long-term success. Our writing and research have assisted in putting Prolotherapy on the map for many, though Caring Medical is considered a highly specialized clinic, treating a number of conditions that prove too difficult or complicated for most other regenerative medicine offices. Some of these conditions include Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, advanced osteoarthritis, cervical spine instability, labral and meniscal tears, among others. Part of the reason many patients seek the expertise that our clinics offer is to be treated at the same team who has helped and published Prolotherapy results on these more complex cases!
Prolotherapy changes lives for the better!
of patients said Prolotherapy changed their life for the better.*
of patients have recommended Prolotherapy to someone else.*
*From 11 individual studies with a total of 709 patients who received dextrose Prolotherapy at a charity clinic run by Ross Hauser, MD.
Results of Hackett-Hemwall Comprehensive Dextrose Prolotherapy for pain relief in individual joints
Prolotherapy caused a statistically significant decline in pain in tough chronic pain cases treated at a charity clinic. All injured areas were treated with dextrose Prolotherapy at a charity clinic run by Dr. Hauser. The average patient had greater than 5 years of pain and about half the patients were told by at least one medical doctor that there was nothing more that could be done for their pain or that their condition needed surgery. Patients received, on average, four Prolotherapy sessions. All in all, these patients represented amazing results based on how difficult their cases were and the very limited Prolotherapy solutions available at the clinic. They received a very basic dextrose Prolotherapy solution and treatments were performed further apart than in the typical private practice where stronger solutions are used and treatments can be timed more optimally with the healing cascade.
Our Research on the use of Bone Marrow Prolotherapy for Osteoarthritis
Our study was comprised of 24 adult patients who had a diagnosis of radiographic OA and had visited our chronic pain clinic in 2009 for Prolotherapy treatment to relieve their chronic pain. The results of our study have shown that a combined BMP treatment regimen of injections to index sites has an enhanced effect on outcomes, as perceived by patients themselves, in regard to pain relief and improved joint function and has the potential to improve the quality of life of individuals with radiographic OA. The complete study and results can be read here: Hauser R, Woldin B. Treating Osteoarthritic Joints Using Dextrose Prolotherapy and Direct Bone Marrow Aspirate Injection Therapy. The Open Arthritis Journal.. Volume 7, 2014.
Pain scale is 1-10 where 0 = no pain & 10 = unrelenting pain.
Pain scale is 1-10 where 0 = no stiffness & 10 = unrelenting stiffness.
Our work also includes combining the Hackett-Hemwall technique with more advanced stem cell and platelet rich plasma (PRP) solutions, which are considered forms of Prolotherapy. Below is the ever-growing list of our published Prolotherapy research papers, case studies, and scientific editorials, including articles on Prolotherapy as an alternative to surgery; chronic back pain; cartilage regeneration in knees; stem cell therapy for degenerative joint disease, and many more.
Our Prolotherapy research papers, case studies, & scientific editorials:
- Articular Cartilage Regeneration
- Avascular Necrosis Case Report
- Barré-Liéou Syndrome
- Big Toe and Bunion Pain
- Bone Marrow Prolotherapy for Degenerative Joint Disease
- Capsular Ligament Laxity
- Cartilage Degeneration with NSAIDs
- Cartilage Regeneration in Knees
- Cervical Radiculopathy Treatment
- Cervical Spine Instability
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Chronic Ankle Pain
- Chronic Hip Pain
- Chronic Shoulder Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Consensus Statement on Prolotherapy for Musculoskeletal Pain
- Corticosteroid Injections
- Dextrose Prolotherapy for Musculoskeletal Pain
- Prolotherapy for Headache and Migraine Pain
- Direct Bone Marrow Aspirate Therapy
- Elbow Pain
- Foot & Toe Pain
- Glenoid Labrum Tears
- Hand & Finger Pain
- Hip Labrum Lesions
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Joint Instability as the Cause of Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain and Its Successful Treatment with Prolotherapy
- Joint Instability Treatment with Prolotherapy
- Knee Pain
- Ligament Injury and Healing
- Low Back Pain
- Meniscal Tears & Degeneration
- Morton’s Neuroma Pain
- Neck Pain
- Osteoarthritis Pain: Can Prolotherapy Help?
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Over-manipulation Syndrome
- PRP Injection Technique
- Prolotherapy as an Alternative to Surgery
- PRP Prolo for Meniscal Pathology
- Rationale for Direct Bone Marrow Aspirate
- Rheumatoid Thumb Interphalangeal Joint Boutonniere Deformity and Severe Subluxation
- Systematic Review of Dextrose Prolotherapy
- Thumb Arthritis
- TMJ Dysfunction Pain
- Upper Cervical Instability
- Wrist Pain